Install the child restraint system on the front passenger seat only when it is unavoidable. Your vehicle is equipped with a front passenger occupant classification system. In order to activate the occupant classification system correctly, install the forward-facing child restraint system on the front passenger seat in the following order:
1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position.
2. Move the front passenger seat to the rearward position.
3. Put the child restraint system on the front passenger seat without putting your weight on the front passenger seat.
4. Insert the seat belt tab into the seat belt buckle.
5. Fully extend the shoulder belt to put it in the lock mode. When the belt is then retracted even slightly, it cannot be extended. To hold the seat securely, make sure the belt is in the lock mode before letting the belt retract.
6. While pressing the convertible seat firmly against the seat cushion and seatback, let the shoulder belt retract as far as it will go to hold the convertible seat securely.
Push and pull the child restraint system in different directions to be sure it is secure. Follow all the installation instructions provided by its manufacturer.
7. Put a child on the child restraint system and secure the child, complying with the instructions provided by the child restraint system manufacturer.
The "AIRBAG OFF" be illuminated when "ON" and the child is system after followin The "AIRBAG OFF" cates the SRS front side airbag on the pi deploy. If the "AIRBA is illuminated, remov system and reinstall key in the "ACC" o the "AIRBAG ON" in nated when the ignit the "ON" position, the senger airbag and si senger side may de Do not drive the veh Remove the child r contact your Toyota
Was this article helpful?