The wireless remote control key is an electronic component. Observe the following instructions in order not to cause damage to the key.
• Do not leave the key in places where the temperature becomes high such as on the dashboard.
• Avoid knocking it hard against other objects or dropping it.
• Avoid putting it in water.
You can use up to 3 wireless remote control keys for the same vehicle. Contact your Toyota dealer for detailed information.
If the wireless remote control key does not actuate the side doors and back door or alarm, or operate from a normal distance or the indicator on the key is dimmed or does not come on:
• Check for closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station or an airport which can interfere with normal operation of the key.
• The battery may have been consumed. Check the battery in the key. To replace the battery, see "—Replacing battery" on page 20.
If you lose your wireless remote control key, contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible to avoid the possibility of theft, or an accident. (See "If you lose your keys" on page 343 in Section 4.)
For vehicles sold in U.S.A.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause unde-sired operation.
This equipment ha found to comply w Class B digital devi 15 of the FCC Rule designed to provide tion against harmfu residential installatic generates, uses an frequency energy a and used in accorda tions, may cause ha radio communication is no guarantee that occur in a particula equipment does ca ence to radio or which can be deter equipment off and couraged to try to ence by one or m measures:
Was this article helpful?