• VSC system will be reset when the engine is started.
• For safety, secure the vehicle with restraint chains while using a wheel dynamometer.
(b) NOTICES OF RELATED OPERATIONS TO VSC
(1) Do not carry out unnecessary installation and removal as it might affect the adjustment of VSC related parts.
(2) Be sure to follow the instructions for work preparation and final confirmation of proper operation of the VSC system.
9. WHEN SERVICING ACTIVE TORQUE CONTROL 4WD
(a) The active torque control 4WD RAV4 is equipped with the 4 wheel drive control system.
If incorrect preparations or test procedures are used, the test will not only be unsuccessful, but may be dangerous as well. CAUTION:
• Never accelerate or decelerate the vehicle suddenly.
• Observe the other cautions given for each individual test.
• Sudden shifting, braking, acceleration or deceleration is not allowed.
• Do not use the parking brake while the vehicle's wheels are rotating.
• Do not perform the measurements continuously for a long period of time.
• Make sure to activate the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) & Traction Control (TRAC) system to an operational condition after the test. Check that the VSC warning indicator light goes off when restarting the engine.
Therefore, before beginning any such servicing or test, be sure to check the following items:
(1) Whether the tires are touching the ground or jacked up
(2) Transmission gear position
(3) Maximum testing vehicle speed
(4) Maximum testing time
(b) When using a braking force tester (not free roller type):
When performing measurements using a low-speed type (Vehicle Speed: Below 0.5 km/h or 0.3 mph) brake tester, observe the following instructions.
(1) Press the 4WD LOCK-MODE SWITCH to OFF to disable the 4WD system.
(2) If the vehicle is equipped with the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) & Traction Control (TRAC) system, prohibit the system from activating.
(3) Position the front wheels to be tested on the tester.
(4) Jack up the rear wheels.
(5) Ensure that the vehicle does not move using wires.
(6) Shift the transmission shift lever to the "N" position.
(7) Idle the engine, operate the brake booster and perform the test.
Was this article helpful?