Confirmation Driving Pattern
Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics
Performing this confirmation pattern will activate the mass air flow performance monitor.
1. Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. Turn the tester ON.
5. Start the engine, and warm it up until the engine coolant temperature reaches 70°C (158°F) or higher.
6. Drive the vehicle at approximately 100 km/h (62 mph) for 20 seconds or more.
7. On the tester, select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DTC INFO / PENDING CODES and check if any DTCs (any pending DTCs) are set.
Was this article helpful?
Don't pay hundreds of dollars to find out what is wrong with your car. This book is dedicated to helping the do it yourself home and independent technician understand and use OBD-II technology to diagnose and repair their own vehicles.
Get My Free Ebook