1. CHECK THROTTLE BODY
(a) Check the throttle control motor operating sounds.
(1) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(2) When pressing the accelerator pedal, check the operating sound of the running motor. Make sure that no friction noises emit from the motor. If friction noise exists, replace the throttle body.
(b) Check the throttle position sensor.
(2) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(3) Push the intelligent tester main switch ON.
(4) Enter the following menus: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / THROTTLE POS.
(5) Depress the accelerator pedal. When the throttle valve is fully opened, check that the value of "THROTTLE POS" is within the specification.
Standard throttle valve opening percentage:
60% or more NOTICE:
When checking the standard throttle valve opening percentage, the shift lever should be in the N position.
If the percentage is less than 60%, replace the throttle body.
Was this article helpful?