Removal & Installation
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheel.
2. Remove caliper. See FRONT BRAKE CALIPER .
3. Using a micrometer, measure disc thickness. For specifications, see DISC BRAKE SPECIFICATIONS .
4. Check disc runout. See DISC RUNOUT under ADJUSTMENTS.
5. Put matchmark on disc and axle hub and remove disc.
6. To install, reverse removal procedure. Align matchmark. When replacing disc with a new one, position new disc where disc has minimum runout. Tighten fasteners to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS .
Was this article helpful?