1. DRAIN DIFFERENTIAL OIL
2. REMOVE DRIVE SHAFTS ( REMOVAL & INSTALLATION )
3. DISCONNECT FRONT PROPELLER SHAFT (See REMOVAL )
NOTE: Support the front propeller shaft securely.
4. REMOVE TUBE WITH WIRE HARNESS ASSEMBLY
a. Disconnect the breather hose, vacuum hose and actuator connector.
b. Remove the bolt and tube with wire harness assembly.
5. REMOVE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER
a. Support the front differential with a jack.
b. Using a hexagon (12 mm) wrench, remove the rear mounting nut.
c. Remove the 2 front mounting bolts.
d. Lower the jack and remove the front differential carrier.
6. REMOVE DIFFERENTIAL MOUNTING CUSHIONS
a. Remove the 2 bolts and rear mounting cushion.
b. Remove the 5 bolts and 2 front mounting cushions.
2004 DRIVELINE/AXLES Front Differential Carrier - Sequoia
Fig. 3: Removing Differential Mounting Cushions Courtesy of TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, U.S.A., INC.
Was this article helpful?