a. Primary check.
Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. Wait for at least 2 seconds, then turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The SRS warning light comes on for approximately 6 seconds and the SRS airbag system diagnosis (including the seat belt pretensioner and occupant classification system) is performed.
If trouble is detected during the primary check, the SRS warning light remains on even after the primary check period (for approximately 6 seconds) has elapsed.
b. Constant check.
After the primary check, the center airbag sensor assembly constantly monitors the SRS airbag system for trouble.
If trouble is detected during the constant check, the airbag sensor assembly functions as follows:
• The SRS warning light comes on.
• The SRS warning light goes off, and then comes on. This blinking pattern indicates the source voltage drop. The SRS warning light goes off 10 seconds after the source voltage returns to normal.
2006 RESTRAINTS Supplemental Restraint System - Sequoia
1. When the SRS airbag system is normal: The SRS warning light comes on only during the primary check period (for approximately 6 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the ON position).
2. When the SRS airbag system has trouble:
• The SRS warning light remains on even after the primary check period has elapsed.
• The SRS warning light goes off after the primary check, but comes on again during the constant check.
• The SRS warning light does not come on when turning the ignition switch from the LOCK to ON position.
The center airbag sensor assembly keeps the SRS warning light on if the airbag has been deployed.
Was this article helpful?