a. When shifting the shift lever from the N position to other positions, check that the lever can be shifted smoothly and accurately to each position and that the position indicator comes on in accordance with the shift lever position.
If the indicator and shift lever position do not match, carry out the following adjustment procedures.
1. Remove the nut and disconnect the shift control cable from the control shaft lever.
2. Move the control shaft fully rearward.
3. Return the control shaft lever 2 notches to the N position.
4. Set the shift lever to the N position.
5. Connect the shift control cable and temporarily install the control shaft lever nut.
6. While holding the shift lever lightly toward the R position side, tighten the control shaft lever nut.
Was this article helpful?