• Use of improper coolants may damage the engine cooling system.
• Use "Toyota Super Long Life Coolant" or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non- nitrite, and non-borate coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology.
• New Toyota vehicles are filled with Toyota Super Long Life Coolant (color is pink, premixed ethylene glycol concentration is approximately 50 % and freezing temperature is -35°C (-31°F)). When replacing the coolant, Toyota Super long Life Coolant is recommended.
• Observe the coolant level inside the radiator by pressing the inlet and outlet radiator hoses several times by hand. if the coolant level goes down, add the coolant.
b. Install the radiator cap.
c. Bleed the cooling system.
1. Start the engine, and open the heater water valve.
2. Maintain the engine speed at 2,000 - 2,500 RPM, and warm up the engine.
d. Stop the engine, and wait until the engine coolant cools down.
e. Refill coolant into the reservoir until it is "FULL".
Was this article helpful?