• Only use the COOL range on the dipstick as a rough reference when the fluid is replaced or the engine does nol run.
(1) Park the vehicle on a level surface and set the parking brake.
(2) With the engine idling and the brake pedal depressed, shift the shift lever into all positions from P to L position and return to P position.
(3) Pull out the dipstick and wipe it clean.
(4) Push it back fully into the pipe.
(5) Pull it out and check that the fluid level is in the HOT range.
If the level is not within the range, add new fluid.
Was this article helpful?