1. REMOVE STEREO COMPONENT CONTROLLER ASSEMBLY
Remove the stereo component controller assembly.
2. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL PAD NOTICE:
If the airbag connector is disconnected with the ignition switch at ON or ACC, DTCs will be recorded.
(a) Place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
(b) Using a torx socket wrench, loosen the 2 torx screws until the groove along the screw circumference catches on the screw case.
(c) Pull out the wheel pad from the steering wheel and disconnect the airbag connector. CAUTION:
• When storing the wheel pad, keep the upper surface of the pad facing upward.
• Never disassemble the wheel pad. NOTICE:
When removing the wheel pad, take care not to pull the air-bag wire harness.
3. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL
(a) Disconnect the connector.
(b) Remove the steering wheel set nut.
(c) Place matchmarks on the steering wheel and main shaft assembly.
(d) Using SST, remove the steering wheel.
SST 09950-50012 (09951-05010, 09952-05010, 09953-05020, 09954-05020)
4. REMOVE FRONT DOOR INSIDE SCUFF PLATE
Was this article helpful?