There are 2 methods ((a) and (b)) to replace the oil seal which are as follows:
(a) If the rear oil seal retainer is removed from the cylinder block.
(1) Using a screwdriver and hammer, tap out the oil seal.
(2) Using SST and a hammer, tap in a new oil seal until its surface is flush with the rear oil seal retainer edge.
SST 09223-15030, 09950-70010 (09951-07100)
(3) Apply MP grease to the oil seal lip.
(b) If the rear oil seal retainer is installed to the cylinder block.
(1) Using a knife, cut off the oil seal lip.
(2) Using a screwdriver, pry out the oil seal. NOTICE:
Was this article helpful?