Connecting Rod Cap
Rear Oil Seal Retainer
Oil Nozzle (7M-GTE)
Crankshaft Upper Thrust Washer
Timing Belt Case
Crankshaft Lower Thrust Washer
1 kfrcm Iff »lb, N«m> ( : Specified torque ♦ Non reusable part
- Piston Ring Snap Ring
Connecting Rod Bearing
REMOVAL OF ENGINE
1. REMOVE HOOD
2. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" position and the negative ( —) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery.
3. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER
4. DRAIN COOLANT FROM RADIATOR AND CYLINDER BLOCK
5. DRAIN ENGINE OIL
REMOVE AIR CLEANER CASE WITH HOSES
(a) Disconnect the air flow meter connector.
(b) Disconnect the PS air hose.
(c) Remove the three bolts and air cleaner case with hoses.
REMOVE N0.4 AIR CLEANER PIPE WITH N0.1 AND NO.2 AIR CLEANER HOSES
7. REMOVE NO.7 AIR CLEANER HOSE WITH AIR FLOW METER AND AIR CLEANER CAP
(a) Disconnect the three air hoses and PCV hose.
(b) Disconnect the air flow meter connector.
(c) Disconnect the PS air hose.
8. REMOVE RADIATOR (See page CO-9)
9. REMOVE A/C BELT
10. REMOVE ALTERNATOR DRIVE BELT. WATER PUMP PULLEY AND FLUID COUPLING
11. REMOVE PS BELT
12. DISCONNECT FOLLOWING HOSES:
(a) Brake booster hose
(b) Heater valve hose (c> Cruise control hose
(d) Charcoal canister hose
13. DISCONNECT FOLLOWING CONNECTORS AND WIRES:
la) Ground strap from LH front fender apron lb) Battery positive cable from battery (c) Noise filter connector (d> Theft deterrent horn connector le) Check connector
Solenoid resister connector <g) (7M-GT)
Ignition coil connector (7M-GTE) Igniter connectors (h) Main relay connector <i) Alternator connector and wire
Oxygen sensor connector
(k) Heater valve connector
<l) Ground strap from engine rear side
(m) Engine and ECT connectors
14. DISCONNECT FOLLOWING CABLES:
(a) Cruise control cable
(b) Accelerator cable
(c) IA/T) Throttle cable
15. DISCONNECT HEATER HOSES
16. REMOVE A/C COMPRESSOR WITHOUT DISCONNECTING HOSES
REMOVE NO.6 AIR CLEANER HOSE
REMOVE RADIATOR OUTLET HOSE
19. REMOVE PS PUMP WITHOUT DISCONNECTING HOSES
REMOVE SHIFT LEVER
21. DISCONNECT GROUND STRAP FROM FUEL HOSE CLAMP
REMOVE ENGINE MOUNTING ABSORBER
23. DISCONNECT FUEL PIPES
24. REMOVE EXHAUST PIPE
25. REMOVE PROPELLER SHAFT (See page PR-3)
26. DISCONNECT SPEEDOMETER CABLE
REMOVE MANUAL SHIFT LINKAGE
28. REMOVE NO.1 FRONT CROSS MEMBER
REMOVE CLUTCH RELEASE CYLINDER
30. PLACE JACK UNDER TRANSMISSION
Be sure to put a wooden block between the jack and the transmission oil pan to prevent damage.
31. INSTALL A WOODEN BLOCK BETWEEN COWL PANEL AND CYLINDER HEAD REAR END TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO HEATER HOSE
32. REMOVE ENGINE REAR SUPPORT MEMBER WITH GROUND STRAP FROM BODY
33. REMOVE ENGINE WITH TRANSMISSION
(a) Attach the engine hoist chain to the two engine hangers.
(b) Remove the mounting nuts and washers.
<c) Lift the engine with transmission out of the vehicle slowly and carefully.
HINT: Make sure the engine is clear of all wiring and hoses.
34. PLACE ENGINE ON TO ENGINE STAND
REMOVE A/T OIL COOLER PIPES
36. REMOVE TRANSMISSION
REMOVE CLUTCH COVER AND DISC (See page CL-11)
Was this article helpful?