1. REMOVE BACK-UP UGHT SWITCH, REAR SPEED SENSOR (w/ A.B.S.) AND SPEEDOMETER DRIVEN GEAR
2. REMOVE CLUTCH HOUSING FROM TRANSMISSION CASE
Remove nine bolts and clutch housing from transmission case.
3. REMOVE SHIFT LEVER RETAINER
(a) Remove the six bolts.
(b) Remove shift lever retainer and oil baffle plate.
4. REMOVE RESTRICT PIN
5. REMOVE EXTENSION HOUSING
(a) Remove the shift lever housing set bolt.
(b) Remove the nine bolts.
Cc) Using a plastic hammer, tap the extension housing.
(d) Disengage the shift and select lever from the shift head.
(c) Pull out the extension housing.
6. REMOVE FRONT BEARING RETAINER AND BEARING SNAP RINGS
(a) Remove seven bolts and front bearing retainer.
(b) Using a snap ring pliers, remove two bearing snap rings.
7. SEPARATE INTERMEDIATE PLATE FROM TRANSMISSION CASE
(a) Using a plastic hammer, carefully tap the transmission case.
(b) Pull the transmission case from the intermediate plate.
8. MOUNT INTERMEDIATE PLATE IN VISE
(a) Use two long clutch housing bolts, plate washers and suitable nuts as shown.
NOTICE: Install the plate washers In reverse of normal. Increase or decrease plate washers so that the bolt tip and the front tip surface of the nut are aligned.
<b) Mount the intermediate plate in a vise.
Was this article helpful?