1. INSPECT DISC, PLATE AND FLANGE
Check to sec if the sliding surface of the disc, plate and flange are worn or burnt. If necessary, replace them.
• If the lining of the disc is peeling off or discolored, or even if parts of the printed numbers are defaced, replace all discs.
• Before assembling new discs, soak them in ATF for at least two hours.
2. CHECK DIRECT CLUTCH PISTON
(a) Check that check ball is free by shaking the piston.
(b) Check that the valve does not leak by applying low-pressure compressed air.
3. CHECK DIRECT CLUTCH DRUM BUSHING
Using a dial indicator, measure the inside diameter of the clutch drum bushing.
Maximum inside diameter: 53.99 mm (2.1256 in.) If the inside diameter is greater than the maximum, replace the clutch drum.
Was this article helpful?