1. REMOVE HIGH-TENSION CORDS
(a) Disconnect the throttle body.
• Disconnect the air cleaner hose.
• Remove the throttle body bracket(s).
• Disconnect the accelerator connecting rod.
• Disconnect the PCV hose.
• Remove the four bolts and pick up the throttle body.
(b) Carefully remove the high-tension cords by their rubber boots from the spark plugs. NOTICE: Pulling on or bending the cords may damage the conductor inside.
2. INSPECT HIGH-TENSION CORD RESISTANCE
Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance without disconnecting the cap.
Maximum resistance: 25 kli per cord
If resistance exceeds maximum, check the terminals. If necessary, replace the high-tension cord and/or distributor cap.
3. INSTALL HIGH-TENSION CORDS
(a) Install high-tension cords. <t>) Install the throttle body.
• Install the throttle body with the four bolts.
• Connect the accelerator connecting rod.
• Install the throttle body bracket(s).
• Connect the air cleaner hose.
Was this article helpful?