1. INSTALL SPRING BUMPER. DUST COVER. COIL SPRING
AND SUSPENSION SUPPORT
(a) Using SST, compress the coil spring.
SST 09727-22032 or 09727-30020
(b) Install the spring bumper and dust cover to the suspension support.
(c) Align the coil spring end with the lower seat hollow and install the coil spring.
(d) Align the suspension support with the piston rod and install it.
(e) Align the suspension support with the shock absorber lower bracket as shown.
(f) Temporarily install a new nut to the piston rod.
2. INSTALL SHOCK ABSORBER TO BODY
Install the shock absorber to the body with the three nuts, and torque the nuts.
3. CONNECT SHOCK ABSORBER TO LOWER SUSPENSION ARM
4. TEMPORARILY CONNECT UPPER SUSPENSION ARM TO BODY
5. TORQUE UPPER SUSPENSION ARM MOUNTING BOLT
(a) Remove the stands and bounce the vehicle up and down to stabilize the suspension.
(b) Torque the mounting bolt and nut with the vehicle weight on the suspension.
6. TORQUE PISTON ROD LOCK NUT Torque: 300 kg-cm (22 ft-lb, 29 N-m)
7. INSTALL TEMS ACTUATOR (w/ TEMS only)
Was this article helpful?