NOTICE: After replacing the turbocharger assembly, pour approx. 20 cc (1.2 cu in.) of new oil into the oil inlet and turn the impeller wheel by hand to splash oil on the bearing.
1. INSTALL TURBINE OUTLET ELBOW
Install a new gasket and the turbine outlet elbow with the four nuts.
2. INSTALL TURBO OIL PIPE
Install a new gasket and the turbo oil pipe with the two nuts.
3. INSTALL N0.1 TURBO WATER PIPE
Install a new gasket and the No.1 turbo water pipe with the two nuts.
4. INSTALL TURBOCHARGER
(a) Face the new gasket so the protrusion is facing the rear and install on the exhaust manifold.
(b) Place a new gasket on the oil return hole of the cylinder block.
(c) Install the turbocharger through the turbocharger stud bolts and turbo oil pipe stud bolts.
(d) Temporarily install the four nuts holding the exhaust manifold and turbocharger.
(e) Temporarily install the turbo oil pipe flange nut.
(f) Temporarily install the union bolt with two new gaskets.
(g) Torque the turbocharger mounting nuts. Torque: 450 kg-cm (33 ft-lb, 44 N-m)
(h) Torque the oil pipe union bolt and flange nuts.
Torque: Bolt 350 kg-cm <25 ft-lb, 34 N-m) Nut 130 kg-cm < 9 ft-lb. 13 N-m)
5. CONNECT UNION PIPE
Connect the union pipe with the union bolt and two new gaskets.
6. CONNECT NO.1 TURBO WATER HOSE TO WATER OUTLET HOUSING
7. INSTALL NO.2 TURBOCHARGER STAY
8. INSTALL TURBOCHARGER STAY
Torque: To turbocharger
810 kg-cm (59 ft-lb, 79 N-m) To engine mounting bracket
9. CONNECT FRONT EXHAUST PIPE
(a) Install a new gasket to the front exhaust pipe.
(b) Install the front exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold with new three nuts.
(c) Install the front exhaust pipe clamp.
10. INSTALL NO.1 AIR CLEANER PIPE WITH N0.6 AIR CLEANER HOSE
(a) Install the No. 1 air cleaner pipe with No.6 air cleaner hose to the No. 5 air cleaner hose and turbocharger.
(b) Connect the No. 1 air cleaner pipe to bracket with the bolt.
(c) Tighten the No.5 and No.6 air hose clamps.
11. INSTALL OIL DIPSTICK GUIDE
(a) Install a new Oring to the oil dipstick guide.
(b) Insert the oil dipstick guide to the No. 2 oil dipstick guide.
(c) Connect the oil dipstick guide to the turbocharger with the bolt.
(d) Install the oil dipstick.
12. INSTALL TURBO HEAT INSULATOR
(a) Install the turbo heat insulator with the plate washer and three nuts. (b> Connect the oxygen sensor connector.
13. INSTALL NO.7 AIR CLEANER HOSE WITH AIR FLOW METER AND AIR CLEANER CAP
(a) Install the No.7 air cleaner hose with air How meter and air cleaner cap.
(b) Install the bolt and tighten the clamps.
14. INSTALL NO.4 AIR CLEANER PIPE WITH NO.1 AND NO.2 AIR CLEANER HOSES
15. FILL WITH COOLANT (See page CO-5)
16. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
17. START ENGINE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS
Connect the PS idle up air hose. Connect the air flow meter connector. Connect the PCV hose and three air hoses.
Was this article helpful?