1. REMOVE ALTERNATOR
(a) Disconnect the No.3 PCV hose.
(b) Remove the drive belt.
(c) Remove the alternator and adjusting bar.
REMOVE PS RESERVOIR TANK
Remove the two bolts, nut and reservoir tank with bracket.
REMOVE CAM POSITION SENSOR
4. REMOVE AIR INTAKE CHAMBER WITH CONNECTOR
(a) Remove the PCV pipe.
(b) Disconnect the following connectors:
Cold start injector connector
• Throttle position sensor connector
• ISC valve connector
(c) Disconnect the following hoses:
• BVSV hose from throttle body
• EGR hoses from throttle body
• Vacuum transmitting pipe hoses from intake chamber
• Pressure regulator hose
VSV hoses (for FPU)
Auxiliary air pipe hose from vacuum transmitting pipe hose
• No.1 water by-pass hose from ISC valve
No.3 water by-pass hose from throttle body
No.3 water by-pass hose from water by-pass pipe
(d) Remove the EGR pipe mounting bolts.
(e) Remove the manifold stay mounting bolts.
Remove the throttle body brackets.
Remove the ISC pipe.
Remove the air intake connector mounting bolts.
Remove the air intake connector bracket mounting bolts.
<i> Remove the cold start injector tube.
(k) Remove the EGR vacuum modulator from the bracket.
(I) Disconnect the engine wire from the clamps of intake chamber.
(m) Remove the two nuts, five bolts, vacuum transmitting pipes and intake chamber with connector and gasket.
Disconnect the cold start injector connector.
REMOVE IGNITION COIL WITH BRACKET
6. REMOVE ENGINE WIRE
(a) Disconnect the following connectors and wire:
• Oxygen sensor connector
• Oil pressure sender gauge connector
• Water temp, sensor connector
• Water temp, sender gauge connector
• Cold start injector time switch connector
• (7M-GE) Distributor connector
• Injector connectors
• Two VSV connectors
• Knock sensor connector(s)
• Ground strap from intake manifold
• Check connector
• (7M-GTE) Solenoid resister connector
• (7M-GE) Ignition coil connector
(7M-GTE) Igniter connectors
• Noise filter connector
• Main relay connector
• Starter connector (terminal 50)
• Transmission connectors
(b) Remove the engine wire from the four clamps.
REMOVE N0.1 FUEL PIPE
(a) Remove the union bolt (7M-GE) or pulsation damper (7M-GTE) and two gaskets from the delivery pipe.
(b) Remove the union bolt and two gaskets from the fuel support.
(c) Remove the clamp bolt and No. 1 fuel pipe with VSV. REMOVE NO.2 FUEL PIPE
(a) Disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel support.
(b) Remove the bolt, union bolt. No.2 fuel pipe and gaskets.
REMOVE AUXILIARY AIR PIPE (7M-GE)
REMOVE HIGH-TENSION CORDS AND DISTRIBUTOR (7M-GE)
REMOVE OIL DIPSTICK (7M-GTE)
(See steps 5 to 7 and 9 to 15 on pages TC-10 to 12)
Was this article helpful?