The monitor will not run unless:
• 2 minutes or more have elapsed since the engine was started.
• The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) is 75°C (167°F) or more.
• Cumulative driving time at a vehicle speed of 30 mph (48 km/h) or more exceeds 6 minutes.
• Air-fuel ratio feedback control is performed.
• Fuel-cut control is performed for 8 seconds or more (for the Rear HO2 Sensor Monitor)
(b) Drive Pattern for front A/F sensor and HO2 sensor
(1) Connect an intelligent tester to the DLC3.
(2) Turn the ignition switch ON.
(5) Start the engine, and warm it up until the ECT reaches 75°C (167°F) or higher.
(6) Drive the vehicle at 38 mph (60 km/h) or more for at least 10 minutes.
(7) Change the transmission to 2nd gear.
(8) Accelerate the vehicle to 40 mph (64 km/h) or more by depressing the accelerator pedal for at least 10 seconds.
(9) Soon after performing step (8) above, release the accelerator pedal for at least 4 seconds without depressing the brake pedal, in order to execute fuel-cut control.
(10)Allow the vehicle to decelerate until the vehicle speed declines to less than 6 mph (10 km/h).
(11)Repeat steps from (8) through (10) above at least 3 times in one driving cycle.
(c) Monitor Status
(1) Check the Readiness Monitor status displayed on the tester.
(2) If the status does not switch to COMPL (complete), make sure that the preconditions have been met, and then perform steps from (5) through (11) in Drive Pattern above.
Was this article helpful?