(b) NOTICES OF RELATED OPERATIONS TO VSC
(1) Do not carry out unnecessary installation and removal as it might affect the adjustment of VSC related parts.
(2) Be sure to follow the instructions for work preparation and final confirmation of proper operation of the VSC system.
10. FOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CATALYTIC CONVERTER CAUTION:
If a large amount of unburned gasoline or gasoline vapors flow into the converter, it may cause overheating and create a fire hazard. To prevent this, observe the following precautions.
(a) Use only unleaded gasoline.
(b) Avoid idling the engine for more than 20 minutes.
(c) Avoid performing unnecessary spark jump tests.
(1) Perform a spark jump test only when absolutely necessary. Perform this test as rapidly as possible.
(2) While testing, never race the engine.
(d) Avoid a prolonged engine compression measurement. Engine compression measurements must be performed as rapidly as possible.
(e) Do not run the engine when the fuel tank is nearly empty. This may cause the engine to misfire and create an extra load on the converter.
Was this article helpful?