1. INSPECT BRAKE LINE PIPES AND HOSES
Work in a well-lighted area. Turn the front wheels fully to the right or left before beginning.
(a) Check all the brake lines and hoses for:
(b) Check all the clamps for tightness and the connections for leakage.
(c) Check if the hoses and lines are not near sharp edges, moving parts and the exhaust system.
(d) Check if the lines are installed pass through the center of the grommets.
2. INSPECT FRONT BRAKE PADS AND DISCS
• If a squealing or scraping noise is heard from the brake while driving, check the pad wear indicator.
• If there are traces of the indicator contacting the disc rotor, the disc pad should be replaced.
3. INSPECT REAR BRAKE DRUM
See page BR-70
4. INSPECT BRAKE FLUID Fluid:
SAE J1703 or FMVSS No. 116 DOT3
Was this article helpful?