(a) Listen to the throttle control motor operating sounds.
(1) Turn the ignition switch to ON.
(2) When pressing the accelerator pedal, listen to the running sounds of the motor. Make sure no friction noises come from the motor.
If friction noises exist, check the throttle body, wire harness and ECM.
(b) Inspect the throttle position sensor.
(2) Turn the ignition switch to ON.
(3) Turn the intelligent tester ON.
(4) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / DATA LIST / ALL / THROTTLE POS.
(5) Depress the accelerator pedal. When the throttle valve is fully opened, check that the THROTTLE POS value is within the specified range.
Was this article helpful?