2. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-3)
3. DRAIN ENGINE OIL (See page LU-5)
4. REMOVE POWER STEERING LINK ASSEMBLY
5. REMOVE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER ASSEMBLY (for 4WD)
6. REMOVE V-BANK COVER (See page ES-414)
7. REMOVE RADIATOR SUPPORT TO FRAME SEAL LH (See page CO-15)
8. REMOVE FAN SHROUD (See page CO-15)
9. REMOVE AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY (See page ES-415)
10. REMOVE OIL LEVEL GAGE GUIDE
(a) Remove the oil level gauge.
(b) Remove the bolt and pull out the oil level gauge guide.
(c) Remove the O-ring from the oil level gauge guide.
11. REMOVE WATER INLET (See page CO-9)
12. SEPARATE VANE PUMP ASSEMBLY
(a) Disconnect the power steering pressure switch connector.
(b) Remove the 2 bolts, then separate the vane pump. NOTICE:
Do not hit the pulley with other parts when separating the vane pump.
The vane pump is suspended securely.
13. REMOVE GENERATOR ASSEMBLY (See page CH-7)
14. SEPARATE COOLER COMPRESSOR ASSEMBLY (See page ES-409)
15. REMOVE V-RIBBED BELT TENSIONER ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 5 bolts, then remove the V-ribbed belt tensioner.
16. REMOVE NO.2 IDLER PULLEY SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 2 bolts, then remove the idler pulley No. 2.
17. REMOVE NO.1 IDLER PULLEY SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the bolt, then remove the idler pulley No. 1.
18. REMOVE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY
(a) Using SST, hold the crankshaft pulley and loosen the pulley set bolt.
(b) Using the pulley set bolt and SST, remove the crankshaft pulley.
SST 09950-50013 (09951-05010, 09952-05010, 09953-05020, 09954-05030)
19. REMOVE NO.2 OIL PAN SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 10 bolts and 2 nuts.
(b) Insert the blade of SST between the oil pan and oil pan No. 2, cut off applied sealer and remove the oil pan No. 2. SST 09032-00100 NOTICE:
• Be careful not to damage the contact surfaces of the oil pan and oil pan No. 2.
• Be careful not to damage the oil pan No. 2 flange.
20. REMOVE OIL STRAINER SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 2 nuts, then remove the oil strainer and gasket.
21. REMOVE OIL PAN SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 4 housing bolts.
(b) Remove the flywheel housing under cover.
(c) Remove the 17 bolts and 2 nuts.
(d) Using a screwdriver, remove the oil pan by prying between the oil pan and cylinder block. NOTICE:
Be careful not to damage the contact surfaces of the cylinder block and oil pan.
(e) Remove the O-ring from the oil pump.
22. REMOVE INTAKE AIR SURGE TANK (See page EM-57)
23. REMOVE IGNITION COIL ASSEMBLY (See page IG-7)
24. REMOVE CYLINDER HEAD COVER SUB-ASSEMBLY (See page EM-59)
25. REMOVE CYLINDER HEAD COVER SUB-ASSEMBLY LH (See page EM-59)
26. REMOVE CAMSHAFT TIMING OIL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY (See page ES-407)
27. REMOVE VVT SENSOR (See page IG-8)
28. REMOVE TIMING CHAIN OR BELT COVER SUBASSEMBLY (See page LU-17)
29. REMOVE TIMING GEAR CASE OR TIMING CHAIN CASE OIL SEAL (See page EM-236)
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.