(a) Install a new gasket and the EGR valve with the 2 nuts. Torque: 30 Nm (300 kgfcm, 22 in.lbf)
(b) Install the EGR vacuum modulator and bracket with the bolt.
22. INSTALL EGR PIPE
Install a new gasket, sleeve ball and the EGR pipe with the union nut and 2 nuts. Torque: Union nut
23. INSTALL THROTTLE BODY (See page MF-32 )
24. CONNECT VACUUM HOSES
(a) Connect the vacuum hose from the EGR valve.
(b) Connect the 3 vacuum hoses from the throttle body.
(c) Connect the vacuum hose from TVV (to charcoal canister).
(d) Connect the vacuum hose from the TVV (to throttle body).
(e) Connect the vacuum hose from the EGR VSV.
25. INSTALL IGNITION COILS AND SPARK PLUGS
INSTALL IDLER PULLEY BRACKET
(a) Install the idler pulley bracket with the 3 bolts. Torque:
12 mm head bolt
27 Nm (275 kgfcm, 20 ftlbf)
14 mm head bolt
37 Nm (375 kgfcm, 27 ftlbf)
(b) Install and adjust the drive belt (See page AC-18).
INSTALL PS PUMP BRACKET AND PS PUMP
(a) Install the PS pump bracket with the 3 bolts. Torque: 44 Nm (440 kgfcm, 32 ftlbf)
(b) Temporarily install the PS pump and drive belt with the 2 bolts (See page SR-33 ).
28. CONNECT FUEL HOSE
Connect the fuel inlet hose with the union bolt and 2 new gaskets.
Torque: 29 Nm (300 kgfcm, 22 ftlbf)
29. INSTALL AIR CLEANER ASSEMBLY WITH AIR INTAKE CONNECTOR
30. INSTALL ACCELERATOR CABLE, AND ADJUST IT
CONNECT THROTTLE CABLE, AND ADJUST IT
32. CONNECT FRONT EXHAUST PIPE
(a) Place a new gasket on the exhaust pipe.
(b) Connect the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold with the 2 compression spring and 2 bolts. Torque: 62 Nm (630 kgfcm, 46 ftlbf)
33. INSTALL RH ENGINE UNDER COVER
34. FILL WITH ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-2 )
35. START ENGINE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS
36. PERFORM ENGINE ADJUSTMENT
37. PERFORM ROAD TEST
Check for abnormal noise, shock, slippage, correct shift points and smooth operation.
38. RECHECK ENGINE COOLANT AND ENGINE OIL LEVELS
Was this article helpful?