1. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT
(a) Remove the radiator cap. CAUTION:
To avoid the danger of being burned, do not remove the radiator cap while the engine and radiator are still hot, as fluid and steam can be blown out under pressure.
(b) Loosen the radiator drain plug (on the right side of the radiator lower tank) and engine drain plug (on the left front of the cylinder block), and drain the coolant.
(c) Close the drain plugs.
Torque: 25 Nm (250 kgfcm, 18 ftlbf)
2. FILL ENGINE COOLANT
(a) Slowly fill the system with coolant.
• Use a good brand of ethylene-glycol base coolant and mix it according to the manufacturer's directions.
• Using coolant which includes more than 50 % ethylene-glycol (but not more than 70 %) is recommended.
• Do not use an alcohol type coolant.
• The coolant should be mixed with demineralized water or distilled water.
Capacity (w/ Heater):
4.9 liters (5.2 US qts, 4.3 lmp. qts)
5.3 liters (5.6 US qts, 4.7 lmp. qts)
(b) Install the radiator cap.
(c) Start the engine, and bleed the cooling system.
(d) Refill the radiator reservoir with coolant until it reaches the "FULL" line.
3. CHECK ENGINE COOLANT FOR LEAKS
Was this article helpful?