(5) Tighten the adjusting nuts.
(6) Recheck the adjustment.
(e) Adjust the shift control cable.
When shifting the shift lever from the N position to other positions, check that the lever can be shifted smoothly and accurately to each position and that the position indicator correctly indicates the position.
(1) Remove the engine under cover.
(2) Loosen the nut on the control shaft lever.
(3) Push the control shaft lever fully toward the right side of the vehicle.
(4) Return the lever 2 notches to the NEUTRAL position.
(5) Set the shift lever to the N position.
(6) While holding the lever lightly toward the "R" position side, tighten the swivel nut.
Was this article helpful?