1. PREPARE VEHICLE FOR HEADLIGHT AIMING
(a) Prepare the vehicle:
• Ensure that there is no damage or deformation of the body around the headlights.
• Fill the oil to the specified level.
• Fill the coolant to the specified level.
• Inflate the tires to the appropriate pressure.
• Place the spare tire, tools and jack in their original positions.
• Sit a person of average weight (68 kg, 150 lb) in the driver seat.
2. PREPARE FOR HEADLIGHT AIMING (for Using a
(a) Prepare the vehicle for headlight aim check.
(b) Adjust in accordance with headlight tester instructions.
3. PREPARE FOR HEADLIGHT AIMING (for Using a
(a) Prepare the vehicle in accordance with the following conditions:
• Place the vehicle in a location that is dark enough to clearly observe the cutoff line. The cutoff line is a distinct line, below which light from the headlights can be observed and above which it cannot.
• Keep a 7.62 m (25 ft) distance between the center of the headlight bulb and the wall.
• Place the vehicle on a level surface.
• Bounce the vehicle up and down to settle the suspension.
A distance of 7.62 m (25 ft) between the vehicle (the center of the headlight bulb) and the wall is necessary for proper aim adjustment. If unable to secure a distance of 7.62 m (25 ft), set a distance of exactly 3 m (9.84 ft) to check and adjust the headlight aim. (Since the target zone changes depending on the distance, follow the instructions shown in the illustration.)
(b) Prepare a piece of thick white paper (approximately 2 m (6.6 ft) high x 4 m (13.1 ft) wide) to use as a screen.
(c) Draw a vertical line down the center of the screen (V line).
LI"100 LIGHTING - HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY (for Hatchback)
(d) Set the screen, as shown in the illustration.
Was this article helpful?