1. PREPARE VEHICLE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING ADJUSTMENT
(a) Prepare the vehicle:
• Ensure that there is no damage or deformation of the body around the fog lights.
• Fill the oil to the specified level.
• Fill the coolant to the specified level.
• Inflate the tires to the appropriate pressure.
• Place the spare tire, tools and jack in their original positions.
• Sit a person of average weight (68 kg, 150 lb) in the driver seat.
2. PREPARE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING
(a) Prepare the vehicle in accordance with the following conditions:
• Place the vehicle in a location that is dark enough to clearly observe the cutoff line. The cutoff line is a distinct line, below which light from the fog lights can be observed and above which it cannot.
• Keep a 7.62 m (25 ft) distance between the center of the fog light bulb and the wall.
• Place the vehicle on a level surface.
• Bounce the vehicle up and down to settle the suspension.
A distance of 7.62 m (25 ft) between the vehicle (center of the fog light bulb) and the wall is necessary for proper aim adjustment. If unable to secure a distance of 7.62 m (25 ft), secure a distance of exactly 3 m (9.84 ft) to check and adjust the fog light aim. (Since the target zone will change with the distance, follow the instructions shown in the illustration.)
(b) Prepare a piece of thick white paper (approximately 2 m (6.6 ft) (height) x 4 m (13.1 ft) (width)) to use as a screen.
(c) Draw a vertical line down the center of the screen (V line).
(d) Set the screen as shown in the illustration.
Aligning distance 7.62 m (25 ft):
Aligning distance 3 m (9.84 ft):
V RH Line
V RH Line
V LH Line
V RH Line
• Stand the screen perpendicular to the ground.
• Align the V line on the screen with the center of the vehicle.
(e) Draw base lines (H line, V LH, V RH lines) on the screen as shown in the illustration. HINT:
Mark the fog light bulb center marks on the screen. If the center mark cannot be observed on the fog light, use the center of the fog light bulb or the manufacturer's name marked on the fog light as the center mark.
Draw a horizontal line across the screen so that it passes through the center marks. The H line should be at the same height as the fog light bulb center marks of the low-beam fog lights.
(2) V LH Line and V RH Line (Center mark positions of left-hand (LH) and right-hand (RH) fog lights):
Draw two vertical lines so that they intersect the H line at each center mark.
3. INSPECT FOG LIGHT AIMING
(a) Cover the fog light or disconnect the connector of the fog light on the opposite side to prevent light from the fog light not being inspected from affecting fog light aiming inspection.
(b) Start the engine. NOTICE:
Engine rpm must be 1,500 or more.
(c) Turn on the fog light and make sure that the cutoff line falls within the specified area, as shown in the illustration.
4. ADJUST FOG LIGHT AIMING
(a) Adjust the fog light aim to within the specified range by turning the aiming screw with a screwdriver. NOTICE:
The final turn of the aiming screw should be made in the clockwise direction. If the screw is tightened excessively, loosen it and then retighten it, so that the final turn of the screw is in the clockwise direction.
1. INSTALL FOG LIGHT ASSEMBLY
(a) Turn the fog light bulb, in the direction indicated by the arrow in the illustration, to install it.
(b) Install the fog light with the screw.
(c) Connect the connector.
2. INSTALL FRONT FENDER LINER
(a) Install the 3 screws.
3. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
4. PREPARE VEHICLE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING ADJUSTMENT (See page LI-115)
5. PREPARE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-116)
6. INSPECT FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-118)
7. ADJUST FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-118)
Was this article helpful?