This indicates that the fuel filler door is on the left side of your vehicle.
1. To open the fuel filler door, pull the lever up.
When refueling, turn off the engine. /l\ CAUTION
• Do not smoke, cause sparks or allow open flames when refueling. The fumes are flammable.
• When opening the cap, do not remove the cap quickly. In hot weather, fuel under pressure could cause injury by spraying out of the filler neck if the cap is suddenly removed.
2. To remove the fuel tank cap, turn the cap slowly counterclockwise, then pause slightly before removing it. After removing the cap, hang the tether as shown in the illustration.
It is not unusual to hear a slight swoosh when the cap is opened.
When installing the cap, turn it clockwise until one click is heard, in order to fully close it. The cap returns slightly when your hand is released from the cap after closure, however this does not cause any problems.
If the cap is not tightened securely, the malfunction indicator lamp comes on. Make sure the cap is tightened securely.
The indicator lamp goes off after driving several times. If the indicator lamp does not go off, contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible.
• Make sure the cap is installed securely to prevent fuel spillage in the event of an accident.
• Use only a genuine Toyota fuel tank cap for replacement. It is designed to regulate fuel tank pressure.
Was this article helpful?