1. INSPECT DRIVE BELT
2. INSPECT SPARK PLUGS (See page IG-5)
3. INSPECT AIR CLEANER FILTER
(a) Remove the air filter.
(b) Visually check that the air filter is not excessively damaged or oily. If necessary, replace the air filter.
(c) Reinstall the air filter.
(d) Clean the filter with compressed air. HINT:
First blow from the inside of the filter thoroughly then repeat from the outside.
4. REPLACE AIR CLEANER FILTER
(a) Replace the air filter with a new one.
5. REPLACE ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER (See page LU-4)
6. REPLACE ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-8)
7. INSPECT GASKET IN FUEL TANK CAP (See page EC-24)
8. INSPECT FUEL LINES AND CONNECTIONS, FUEL TANK VAPOR VENT SYSTEM HOSES AND FUEL TANK BANDS
(a) Visually check the fuel lines for cracks, leakage, loose connections, deformation and tank band looseness.
9. INSPECT EXHAUST PIPES AND MOUNTINGS
(a) Visually check the pipes, hangers and connections for severe corrosion, leaks or damage.
INSPECT VALVE CLEARANCE (See page EM-9)
Was this article helpful?