The lower anchorages for the child restraint system interfaced with the FMVSS225 or CMVSS210.2 specification are installed in the rear seat.
The anchorages are installed in the gap between the seat cushion and seatback of both outside rear seats.
Child restraint system interfaced with the FMVSS213 or CMVSS213 specification can be fixed with these anchorages. In this case, it is not necessary to fix the child restraint system with a seat belt on the vehicle.
1. Widen the gap between the seat cushion and seatback slightly and confirm the position of the lower anchorages below the button on the seatback.
2. Type A—Latch the hooks of lower straps onto the anchorages and tighten the lower straps.
Type B—Latch the buckles onto the anchorages.
For owners in Canada
The symbol on a child restraint system indicates the presence of a lower connector system.
If your child restraint system has a top strap, it should be anchored. (For the installation of the top strap, see "—Using a top strap" on page 82 in this Section.)
For installation details, refer to the instruction manual equipped with each product.
• When using the lower anchorages for the child restraint system, be sure that there are no irregular objects around the anchorages or that the seat belt is not caught.
• Push and pull the child restraint system in different directions to be sure it is secure. Follow all the installation instructions provided by its manufacturer.
• After securing the child restraint system, never slide or recline the seat.
• Do not install a child restraint system on the rear seat if it interferes with the lock mechanism of the front seats. Otherwise, the child or front seat occupant(s) may be killed or seriously injured in case of sudden braking or a collision.
Was this article helpful?