V LH Line
V RH Line
(e) Draw base lines (H line, V LH, V RH lines) on the screen as shown in the illustration. HINT:
Mark the fog light bulb center marks on the screen. If the center mark cannot be observed on the fog light, use the center of the fog light bulb or the manufacturer's name marked on the fog light as the center mark.
Draw a horizontal line across the screen so that it passes through the center marks. The H line should be at the same height as the fog light bulb center marks of the low-beam fog lights.
(2) V LH Line and V RH Line (Center mark positions of left-hand (LH) and right-hand (RH) fog lights):
Draw two vertical lines so that they intersect the H line at each center mark.
(a) Cover the fog light or disconnect the connector of the fog light on the opposite side to prevent light from the fog light not being inspected from affecting fog light aiming inspection.
(b) Start the engine. NOTICE:
Engine rpm must be 1,500 or more.
(c) Turn on the fog light and make sure that the cutoff line falls within the specified area, as shown in the illustration.
4. ADJUST FOG LIGHT AIMING
(a) Adjust the fog light aim to within the specified range by turning the aiming screw with a screwdriver. NOTICE:
The final turn of the aiming screw should be made in the clockwise direction. If the screw is tightened excessively, loosen it and then retighten it, so that the final turn of the screw is in the clockwise direction.
1. INSTALL FOG LIGHT ASSEMBLY
(a) Turn the fog light bulb, in the direction indicated by the arrow in the illustration, to install it.
(b) Install the fog light with the 3 screws.
(c) Connect the connector.
2. INSTALL FRONT FENDER LINER
(a) Install the 3 screws.
3. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
4. PREPARE VEHICLE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING ADJUSTMENT (See page LI-109)
5. PREPARE FOR FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-110)
6. INSPECT FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-111)
7. ADJUST FOG LIGHT AIMING (See page LI-112)
Was this article helpful?