To lock: Push the knob forward. To unlock: Pull the knob backward.
The front doors can be opened by pulling the inside handle even if the lock knobs are in the locked position.
Do not pull the inside handle of the front doors while driving. The doors will open and an accident may occur. Toyota strongly recommends that all children be placed in the rear seat of the vehicle.
Closing the door with the lock knob in the lock position will also lock the door. Be careful not to lock your keys in the vehicle.
Vehicles with the power door lock system—Doors cannot be locked when the driver's door is open and the key is in the ignition.
LOCKING AND UNLOCKING WITH POWER DOOR LOCK SWITCH
Push the switch.
To lock: Push the switch down on the right side.
To unlock: Push the switch down on the left side.
For front passenger's use—
To lock: Push the switch down on the "LOCK" side.
To unlock: Push the switch down on the "UNLOCK" side.
Operating the switch simultaneously locks or unlocks all the side doors and back door.
If you do any of the following, no side door or back door can be unlocked with the power door lock switch.
• Lock all the side doors and back door with the wireless remote control key.
• Set the driver's door inside lock knob in the lock position, and close the driver's door while holding up the outside door handle.
• Lock all the side doors and back door simultaneously with driver's door.
The power door lock switch can be reset in the following ways.
• Unlock all the side doors and back door simultaneously with the driver's door.
• Unlock all the side doors and back door with the wireless remote control key.
• Unlock the driver's door with the inside lock knob, and then unlock all the side doors with the power door lock switch.
REAR DOOR CHILD-PROTECTORS (5-door models only)
Move the lock lever to the "LOCK" position as shown on the label.
When the child-protector is locked, you cannot open the rear door by the inside door handle. We recommend using this feature whenever small children are in the vehicle.
Before driving, be sure that the doors are closed and locked, especially when small children are in the vehicle. Along with the proper use of seat belts, locking the doors helps prevent the driver and passengers from being thrown out from the vehicle in an accident. It also helps prevent the doors from being opened unintentionally.
Was this article helpful?