Some of these service operations affect the SRS airbag system. Read the precautionary notices concerning the SRS airbag system before servicing (see page RS-1).
1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
Wait for at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable to prevent the airbag from working.
2. POSITION FRONT WHEELS FACING STRAIGHT AHEAD
3. REMOVE STEERING PAD (See page RS-309)
4. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL ASSEMBLY (for Hatchback) (See page SR-30)
5. REMOVE STEERING WHEEL ASSEMBLY (for Sedan) (See page SR-12)
6. REMOVE STEERING COLUMN COVER (for Hatchback) (See page SR-30)
7. REMOVE STEERING COLUMN COVER (for Sedan) (See page SR-12)
8. REMOVE SPIRAL CABLE (See page RS-321)
9. REMOVE WIPER SWITCH
(a) Disconnect the 2 connectors.
(b) Using a screwdriver with its tip wrapped in protective tape, disengage the claw and remove the wiper switch.
Do not press the claw too hard, as it may be damaged.
10. REMOVE HEADLIGHT DIMMER SWITCH
(a) Disconnect the connector.
(b) Remove the headlight dimmer switch, as shown in the illustration.
(c) Disengage the 2 claws and remove the headlight dimmer switch.
Was this article helpful?