Starting and driving
Before starting the engine 200
How to start the engine 200
Tips for driving in various conditions 201
Winter driving tips 202
Dinghy towing 203
Trailer towing 205
How to save fuel and make your vehicle last longer 210
Before starting the engine
1. Check the area around the vehicle before entering it.
2. Adjust seat position, seatback angle, head restraint height and steering wheel angle.
3. Adjust inside and outside rear view mirrors.
4. Lock all doors.
5. Fasten seat belts.
How to start the engine— —Cranking hold function
Once you turn the ignition key to "START" position and release it, the cranking hold function continues to crank the engine in "ON" position until it starts.
The function stops cranking the engine after about 20 seconds maximum if the engine has not started yet. When you crank the engine again, wait a few seconds and restart it.
If you hold the key in "START" position, the function will keep cranking.
(a) Before cranking
1. Apply the parking brake firmly.
3. Manual transmission: Press the clutch pedal to the floor and shift the transmission into neutral. Hold the clutch pedal to the floor until the engine is started. A starter safety device will prevent the starter from operating if the clutch pedal is not fully depressed.
Automatic transmission: Put the selector lever in "P". If you need to restart the engine while the vehicle is moving, put the selector lever in "N". A starter safety device will prevent the starter from operating if the selector lever is in any drive position.
4. Automatic transmission only: press the brake pedal and hold the floor until driving off.
Was this article helpful?