2. To remove the booster seat, press the buckle release button and allow the belt to retract.
Follow the procedure below for a child restraint system that requires the use of a top strap.
Use the anchor brackets behind the rear seatbacks to attach the top strap.
Anchor brackets are installed for each rear seating position.
This symbol indicates the locations of user ready anchor brackets.
TO USE THE ANCHOR BRACKET:
1. Remove the deck board and luggage storage box. (See "Luggage storage box" on page 175 in Section 1-10.)
2. Remove the luggage cover. (See "Luggage cover" on page 175 in Section 1-10.)
3. Remove the head restraint.
Make sure the top strap is securely latched, and check that the child restraint system is secure by pushing and pulling it in different directions. Follow all the installation instructions provided by its manufacturer.
4. Securely fasten the child restraint system with the seat belt.
Latch the hook onto the anchor bracket and tighten the top strap.
For instructions to install the child restraint system, see "Child restraint" on page 74 in this Section.
5. Non-split seat only—Replace the head restraint.
Was this article helpful?