Always use "Torx" socket wrench E10 when installing the rear seat.
The procedure described below is for the LH side. Use the same procedure for both the RH and LH sides, unless otherwise specified.
1. INSTALL REAR SPEAKER ASSEMBLY
(a) Engage the 2 claws of the speaker with the body and provisionally install the speaker.
(b) Using an air riveter or hand riveter, install the rear speaker assembly onto the quarter panel with 3 new strike rivets. HINT:
Install the new strike rivets in order as shown in the illustration.
• Do not pry the rivet with the riveter, as this will cause damage to the riveter and mandrel.
Confirm that the rivets are seated properly against the speaker.
Do not tilt the riveter when installing the rivet onto the speaker.
Do not leave any space between the rivet head and speaker.
Do not leave any space between the speaker and door. Firmly hold the 2 items together while installing the rivet.
(c) Connect the speaker connector.
2. INSTALL FRONT QUARTER TRIM PANEL ASSEMBLY (See page IR-118)
3. INSTALL FRONT DOOR OPENING TRIM WEATHERSTRIP (See page SB-80)
4. INSTALL FRONT DOOR SCUFF PLATE (See page IR-119)
5. INSTALL REAR SEAT ASSEMBLY (for 60/40 Split Seat Type)
(1) Install the rear seat assembly (See pageSE-102 ).
(1) Install the rear seat assembly (See pageSE-84 ).
6. INSTALL NO. 2 REAR SEAT LEG COVER (for 60/40 Split Seat Type) (See page SE-85)
7. INSTALL NO. 1 REAR SEAT LEG COVER (for 60/40 Split Seat Type)
(1) Install the No. 1 rear seat leg cover (See pageSE-103 ).
(1) Install the No. 1 rear seat leg cover (See pageSE-85 ).
8. INSTALL REAR SEATBACK ASSEMBLY (for Hold Down Seat Type) (See page SE-122)
9. INSTALL REAR SEAT CUSHION COVER PAD SUBASSEMBLY (for Hold Down Seat Type) (See page SE-123)
10. INSTALL DECK FLOOR BOX
(1) Install the deck floor box (See page IR-83).
(1) Install the deck floor box. HINT:
Use the same procedure as for the RH side.
11. INSTALL DECK BOARD SUB-ASSEMBLY (See page IR-83)
12. INSTALL PACKAGE TRAY TRIM PANEL ASSEMBLY (See page IR-83)
13. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
Was this article helpful?