1. INSTALL FRONT AXLE HUB BEARING
(a) Using SST and a press, insert a new hub bearing, with its magnetic rotor side facing the inside of the vehicle, until it reaches the end of the steering knuckle.
SST 09950-60020 (09951-00710), 09950-70010
• Do not remove the inner race because the hub bearing is built into the oil seal.
• Do not use bearings that have been removed.
• Do not wipe off any grease that has been applied to new bearings.
• Do not bring magnets close to the magnetic rotor surface of the bearing.
• Keep the magnetic rotor surface of the bearing free of foreign matter.
2. INSTALL FRONT DISC BRAKE DUST COVER
(a) Provisionally install a new disc brake dust cover, as shown in the illustration.
(b) Using SST and a hammer, install the disc brake dust cover. SST 09223-56010 NOTICE:
• Uniformly press in the disc brake dust cover while sliding SST slightly.
• Surely press in the disc brake dust cover until the pressing-in base.
(c) Using a chisel, fix the 3 points on the circumference. NOTICE:
Securely fold each end into the engagement grooves.
INSTALL FRONT AXLE HUB SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Using SST and a press, press the axle hub into the steering knuckle.
SST 09608-32010, 09950-60010 (09951-00500), 09950-70010 (09951-07100)
INSTALL FRONT AXLE HUB HOLE SNAP RING
(a) Using snap ring pliers, install a new hole snap ring, as shown in the illustration.
• Do not overlap the end of the snap ring and the installation hole in the speed sensor on the knuckle side.
• Do not damage the magnetic rotor surface of the bearing when installing the snap ring.
Was this article helpful?