The procedure described below is for the LH sides. Use the same procedure for both the RH and LH side, unless otherwise specified.
1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
2. REMOVE FRONT DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR HANDLE ASSEMBLY (w/o Power Window) (See page ED-57)
3. REMOVE FRONT DOOR ARMREST COVER (See page ED-33)
4. REMOVE FRONT DOOR ARMREST BASE UPPER PANEL
(1) Remove the front door armrest base upper panel (See page ED-33).
(1) Remove the front door armrest base upper panel (See page ED-57).
5. REMOVE FRONT DOOR TRIM BOARD SUBASSEMBLY
(1) Remove the front door trim board subassembly (See page ED-34).
(1) Remove the front door trim board subassembly (See page ED-58).
6. REMOVE FRONT NO. 1 SPEAKER ASSEMBLY
(a) Disconnect the speaker connector.
(b) Drill out the 3 rivet heads using a drill with a bit diameter of less than 4 mm (0.16 in.), and remove the front No.1 speaker assembly from the front door panel.
(c) Operate the drill around the rivet head circumference and cut out the flange. CAUTION:
Be careful. The cut rivet is very hot. NOTICE:
Do not drill the rivet at an angle as this will cause damage to the drill and drill hole. Line up the drill and rivet, and carefully drill the rivet head straight out.
(d) After drilling out the flange, continue drilling to push out the shards on the drill.
(e) Using a vacuum cleaner, remove the rivet fragments and shavings from the inside of the door.
Was this article helpful?