1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
3. REMOVE FRONT AXLE HUB NUT (See page DS-3)
4. SEPARATE FRONT SPEED SENSOR (w/ ABS) (See page DS-3)
5. SEPARATE FRONT DISC BRAKE CALIPER ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 2 bolts and separate the disc brake caliper from the steering knuckle. NOTICE:
Hang the caliper using a piece of string or the equivalent.
6. REMOVE FRONT DISC (See page BR-50)
7. SEPARATE TIE ROD END SUB-ASSEMBLY (See page DS-3)
8. SEPARATE FRONT STABILIZER LINK ASSEMBLY (See page DS-4)
9. SEPARATE FRONT LOWER SUSPENSION ARM (See page DS-4)
10. SEPARATE FRONT AXLE ASSEMBLY
(a) Using a plastic hammer, tap the end of the drive shaft and disengage the fitting between the drive shaft and front axle.
If it is difficult to disengage the fitting, tap the end of the drive shaft with a brass bar and hammer.
(b) Push the front axle out of the vehicle to remove the drive shaft from the front axle.
• Do not push the front axle further out of the vehicle than is necessary.
• Do not damage the outboard joint boot.
• Do not damage the speed sensor rotor.
• Suspend the drive shaft with a piece of string or the equivalent.
(c) Remove the 2 nuts and 2 bolts and remove the front axle assembly.
Keep the nut from rotating while turning the bolt.
Was this article helpful?