(a) Using 2 screwdrivers and a hammer, remove the clutch hub No. 2 setting shaft snap ring from the input shaft. HINT:
Use a shop rag or piece of cloth to keep the snap ring from flying off.
(b) Using SST and a press, remove transmission clutch hub No. 2 and the 3rd gear from the input shaft. SST 09950-00020 NOTICE:
• Do not tighten SST excessively.
• Support the input shaft by hand to prevent it from dropping off.
9. REMOVE 3RD GEAR SYNCHRONIZER RING
(a) Remove synchronizer ring No. 2 from the 3rd gear.
10. REMOVE 3RD GEAR NEEDLE ROLLER BEARING
(a) Remove the 3rd gear needle roller bearing from the input shaft.
11. REMOVE TRANSMISSION HUB SLEEVE NO.2
(a) Remove transmission hub sleeve No. 2, the 3 shifting keys and 3 shifting key springs from transmission clutch hub No. 2.
Use a shop rag or piece of cloth to keep the shifting key and shifting key spring from flying off.
Was this article helpful?